lunes, diciembre 11, 2006

Dashing through the (lack of) snow, in a one horse open sleigh..

So the semester is finally coming to an end...

Long Behind are those nights of insomnia, anxiety and random procrastination that coloured the weeks as they passed, one after another.

Now that I think about it, it's still weird to think that I returned to Chile just 4 months ago. I guess that now the streets of Berlin are covered with this nice, thin and white layer that cracks when you walk over it called snow.

I remeber walking through Unter den Linden as it was yesterday, going around the Weinachtmarkten (Christmas Fairs/Markets), looking at the people gathering after work to eat the same Bratwursts that were sold all over the year, but called "from Christmas" just because so, the people spending some euros on crappy games, like throwing balls and get a present, buying some candy, or just getting drunk with some nice old and thankfully warm glass of Glühwein (something like our beloved Candola).

So, why am I writing this all of a sudden? Well, the thing is that, the other day, walking through the center, I gladly found that there were some nice ornaments hanging from the buildings, with the not-so-original "Merry Christmas" inscription (well, and some propaganda :D as well). What I found comical the most is that is almost Summer in here, and let's be honest, since I was a little kid, I'd always watch TV and relate Christmas to winter, so you can imagine how special was that Christmas in Berlin, watching for the very first time a "real" (as shown on TV) holiday, with snow, cold and all that stuff (which, i must confess, was lovely until the cold started to get annoying >_>).

That reminds me of two things. First (and in a really unrelated way, for I have the ability to digress), Home Alone (I believe the 2nd one (the one in which the family goes to Florida)). Why? Just because at some point one of the kids starts complaining about spending Christmas without snow, and heat and palms instead. Second, shit I already forgot. You see, I was looking for an expression that'd replace "digress", but failed; in the meantime I forgot what I was going to write. Damn.

I remember now. Ok, so here it goes: I don't know, but when I start mixing holidays with snow, I get the feeling that the whole end-of-the-year experience (basically, the Christmas + New Year's eve combo) is more intimate than when you don't have cold and shit. What i mean is that ok, is a time for you to spend with your relatives, but on the other hand, is so fucking hot, that the only thing you want to do is to go out and get crunk (something that according to my plans, and Steffi's good will (to provide me some "gear"), will become real next week). For those reasons, I'd really love to spend another Christmas with snow and cold and few hours of light. On the other hand, there's nothing like spending the New Year's eve without a coat, gloves, thick clothes, and most important, without wet feet :P.

So let's keep the sadness away, and let me tell you about what's coming up. Next week, the chilean guys that I spent a great year with are coming to town, we're gonna have a reunion, where I hope we'll talk, laugh, and hopefully, get crunk. I'm really looking forward to it. Moreover, on Saturday I finally have (after a long wait) a gig! The plan is that all the berlins will go and watch me being a rockstar, I'm so looking forward to it too. After that, traveling to Viña, to spend some days (well, the summer to be more accurate) with my parents and relatives. Hopefully it'll be a great summer, and hopefully I'll be able to get some money to buy me a new shiny laptop.

In the meantime, just wait. And let life flow.

Cheers!

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Que lindos recuerdos, me encantaria pasar una navidad con mucha nieve wow !! solo hasta que el frio no moleste :s

aún estoy en conce, llueve mucho :( me da lata viajar .. pero bueno.. ya es hora ..

TE EXTRAÑO ...
TE QUIERO UN MONTÓN